*Artikel diperbarui pada 12 August 2023
Sometimes, the PDF files on your MacBook that you have from various sources are large in size. Eventually, it becomes difficult to resubmit them. Please note that, how to resize PDF on MacBook can be done easily.
In this article, information will be provided about the resize process. In addition, some potential tips will also be given. If you are curious about how the process works, then check out the following details:
How to Resize PDF for MacBook Users
For the first explanation, details will be given on how to resize. Actually, the resize process is divided into two different groups. The first is with Preview, and the second is with ColorSync.
To make it easier to understand, the process will be explained one by one. Make sure to understand the details well, so that nothing goes wrong. Check out this explanation to know the explanation:
1. Reducing PDF Size with Preview
The first way is to utilize Preview. Actually, MacBook already provides this feature to be utilized directly. Because there is already a feature, there is no need to utilize additional software.
The resize result of Preview is also good. If you don’t believe this fact, then you can try it first. Meanwhile, if you are curious about how, then see the details that will be presented as follows:
- First, open the PDF file that you want to reduce in size. Make sure to open it in Preview and do not use any other application. To match, right-click on the file and select “Preview (default).”
- Once the PDF file is open, then pence the “File” menu and select the “Export” sub menu to continue.
- There will be a dialog box that pops up and must be edited by the user. Just tap on the “Quartz Filter” section to open the options.
- When the row of options appears, then select the “Reduce File Size” section.
- Finally, hit the “Save” button and the file will automatically have a smaller size.
The above process must be executed in a structured and detailed manner. No structure should be missed as it will be related to the outcome. Review the process well so that the process does not encounter obstacles.
2. Reducing PDF Size with ColorSync
In addition to Preview, how to resize PDF on MacBook can also be done with ColorSync. This feature option can also be enabled. Uniquely, although the size is reduced, the use of ColorSync does not reduce the quality.
But to make it happen, there are a series of methods that must be executed. When compared to the first method, this one has a larger sequence of steps. Here’s a breakdown of the process:
- For the first step, open the PDF file you want to shrink.
- Then open the “ColorSync” menu section listed.
- Then select the “Duplicate the Filter” option and hit the “Reduce File Size” button.
- In the next step, rename it to a new arrangement. Just customize it according to your wants and needs.
- Next, change the “Image Adjustment” option to the default. The default size for “Resolution” is “144”. As for the quality, change it to “High”.
- The “JPEG” option should be in “Mode”, and the “Quality” section should be in the center position.
- If the process is complete, then press the “Save” button.
Because there are many steps, make sure you don’t miss any details. The better the completion process, the less likely obstacles will arise. Therefore, the level of focus must be considered.
Tips to Resize PDF on Macbook
Not only is the information on how to resize PDF on MacBook important, but detailed tips will be provided as well. The resize process will have a better impact with the utilization of these tips.
There are at least four tips that can be implemented and used as a reference. To make it easier to understand, each tip will be briefly described. If you want to know what the tips are, then see the following list thoroughly:
- Make sure the process runs to completion. Do not remove files during the process as this will cause the process to fail. It is important to understand that large files take longer.
- The MacBook system should be as fast as possible. Don’t do this by opening multiple systems at the same time, as it will only make the process longer.
- Every step must be scrutinized. Especially for the unfamiliar, make sure to stay focused and understand the steps.
- Check the result at the end to see if it has gotten smaller. If not, then do the process again.
In addition to how to shrink it, the details of the tips will also affect the process. Make sure all the tips are well understood and executed in a structured manner. If they are applied evenly, the results will be good.
That’s two ways to resize PDF on MacBook that can be followed. Then there is also information about tips that can be used as a reference. Make sure all the options are well understood so that there are no problems during the process.