*Artikel diperbarui pada 23 May 2023
Since its release a few years ago, CapCut has continued to develop features to facilitate easy video editing. This includes the ability to change the language in CapCut to reach more people in other parts of the world.
Some people may not be aware of the language settings in CapCut and are forced to use default (English) even though they don’t understand it. Especially for those who are not familiar with foreign languages, to avoid such difficulties, see the following explanation.
CapCut Supported Languages
A recommended app should consider convenience for most users, not only in terms of features and appearance, but also language. For this reason, CapCut has also taken care to have a language setting function to support users from different backgrounds.
Some examples that are already supported in the app include Asian and European continents. More details can be found from this description, including:
- Deutsch for languages from the Netherlands.
- Malaysian with Malay.
- Korean language with Hangul letter form.
- Thailand with Abugida script.
- Including the existence of Indonesian.
- Up to Japanese, Mandarin, Russian which use a special script.
Actually, there are still many languages supported by this application, a total of 28 languages on the list. Thus, more languages can also increase the market share of the application to be reached globally.
It’s just that the language change feature applies to the mobile and desktop versions, but not to CapCut’s online editor. So far, editing via CapCut’s website can only be served in three languages, namely Portuguese, Spanish, and English.
The features available on the online editor version are also not as comprehensive as those on the other versions. So, it’s actually more advisable to download CapCut apps that don’t require high device specifications, for example, on Android 5.0 devices.
How to Change Language in CapCut
CapCut has a Settings menu just like any other application with the aim of making it easier for someone to make settings. Switching the language in both the mobile and desktop versions of CapCut can be done in the following ways:
1. Mobile App Version
The method that can be applied to change the language in an application is usually loaded in a settings menu. Most mobile app users might recognize this menu with the help of a symbol similar to the metallic gear, see the steps:
- Open the latest version of CapCut app.
- Press the settings icon on the top right side.
- Select the App Language option.
- A list of languages will appear, select one.
- Click the Done text in the top corner.
After finishing the settings, you can check the writing on the existing features and tabs on the main page. This way, it becomes easier for someone to utilize the various features because they are familiar with the terms used.
2. Desktop App Version
It is known that CapCut is also available in a desktop app version which is currently specialized only for Windows operating systems. It is also possible to change the language in the desktop version of CapCut by following the steps below:
- Click and then Enter on the CapCut application icon.
- On the right side of the toolbar click Settings.
- Then select Settings again.
- Switch to the Language tab.
- Change to the desired language.
- Press Save.
Impediments of not being able to change the language in CapCut
Anything can happen, including not being able to change the language in the CapCut app. Of course, there are causes that may need to be known, so check out some of the possibilities below:
- Old App Version. Using an older version of the app can also be one of the reasons why CapCut can’t apply changes. So, it’s best to go to the App Store and update to the latest version so that you can change the language options.
- Install Error. Another possibility is that the app download process is not working properly. Perhaps the download process was interrupted by a signal or you got the installer from an unreliable site. It’s best to uninstall the app and download it from the official site again.
- Procedure Not Completed. A simple cause might be a user error that does not complete the change step. For example, clicking the wrong language or not pressing the Save/Done button results in the changes not happening properly.
- System Error. Problems can also be caused by the device experiencing errors or bugs, resulting in the application not being able to apply the changes as it should. To resolve this, try restarting the device and restarting it after a while.
That’s how changing the language in CapCut for both the mobile and desktop versions can be useful for more people in the world. In the future, anyone with any language background can still use the CapCut app with ease.